RearVision uses both Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi technologies to stream video to the Pearl App. Wi-Fi offers the best video quality, but under some circumstances, some devices may have difficulty connecting reliably. If you’re having difficulty connecting to the Pearl Wi-Fi network, try the following:
iPhone® users only:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone. The Pearl App will stream video over Bluetooth if it cannot immediately connect to the Pearl Wi-Fi network. This may be an acceptable short-term solution if you’re on the go.
- RearVision will send video over Bluetooth when your iPhone’s Wi-Fi connection is not available (for example, when you are still connected to your home Wi-Fi network or when you have Wi-Fi turned off). You can improve video performance by going into your iPhone’s Settings > Wi-Fi, and connect to the Pearl Wi-Fi network listed there.
- If you’re still unable to connect to the Pearl Wi-Fi network, try following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this Apple Support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Android™ users only:
- Try turning Wi-Fi off and then on again.
- If that doesn’t help, remove the Pearl network from your Wi-Fi settings (typically under Settings > Wi-Fi). Just tap on the Pearl network listed within your Wi-Fi settings and select “Forget”. The Pearl App will connect to the Pearl network on the fly as needed.
Be sure to check out our related articles for more info or feel free to contact us -- we’re here and happy to help!